Actually its not…. This is one of the big barriers I used to struggle with when it came to healthy eating. I am not finding that at all. Au contraire!
Top tips for flavoursome moist food that is still healthy
– dont be afraid to mix things into ‘salad’ – I add all sorts together. Today I had mackerel, beans, plain fat free yoghurt, yellow pepper, lemon juice and ground black Pepper. It was juicy and tasty.
– add fruit to salads for sweetness
– garlic is great for adding flavour to any hot dish
– curry powder is good to add flavour to any soup – I like it with veg soup
– use real chicken stock (boil bones with celery, carrot, onion and seasoning!) as the base for soup , not cubes
– soy sauce has salt in it but its very useful in small quantities for flavouring anything during cooking
– a little bit of honey is ok in my book, and goes a long way to satisfy a sweet tooth